Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Just Another Everyday

Some days I just can't help but look around and smile.

We don't have to be doing anything special to make me happy.
 
In fact, sometimes all it takes is sitting outside with my kids while Joseph rides his "bike"

and looking up to see that our sweet, old dog has chosen to lay close to our little girl.

Our oldest and youngest children, if you will. 

Maybe it's because Sam and I went out of town last weekend without the kids (for our 10th anniversary!) and I missed them so much.

Maybe it's because for so long I wondered if we would ever really have a family and now he have two amazing kids.
 
Maybe it's because this sweet girl has recently started having pretty bad arthritis and it makes me realize just how old she is and how precious the time we have left with her is (she's about 8 1/2 which is pretty old for a giant breed).

Or the fact that Rufus is in the background of so many of the kids pictures (evidence of his love and faithfulness to them). 


Maybe it's because Sarah recently cut some new teeth and is a much happier baby.

Or, after hours days months of trying, Joseph finally mastered the tricycle and is so proud of himself (yay for his legs finally being long enough :).
 
Whatever the reason, these are the moments I want to remember forever.


One thing is for sure, I'll never take these sweet kids with their precious smiles for granted.
 

1 comment:

  1. These days are the best. Nothing special, just remembering how so blessed we are to have what we never knew we would miss. (And especially thankful Rufus is in the pictures, because that horrid dog sitter you had could have very easily wiped that clean away!!) lol!

    ReplyDelete