Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2014

One October day, we decided to take our little city kids to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins.  There is a pumpkin patch with more "stuff" to do fairly close to our house, but I had heard their pumpkins had been shipped in and we wanted our kids to get the true experience of picking them off the vine, so we drove to Perkins to Grider's Pumpkin Patch.

We started off with the maze.  It wasn't a corn maze like Sam was hoping, but rather a Johnson grass maze.  Joseph didn't care, it was still tall enough he couldn't see ahead of him and we did  manage to get "lost" a few times with our three foot tall guide.  (I'm not often in pictures (because I'm the one taking them) and am super critical of myself when I am.  That being said, I love this picture of me and the kids just living life like we do every day.)

In typical two year old fashion, Joseph found a stick and decided pumpkin picking could wait a little bit.  It had rained the day before, so the ground was nice and soft.



Sarah had just started walking independently consistently, so I was excited for her to get to walk around (and to get some pictures of her standing up). 

She also enjoyed playing in the dirt.

We went to the back corner of the patch which was a little overgrown, but the boys didn't care.

They set out in search of a few perfect pumpkins and weren't disappointed.
 


After we found our pumpkins, we stopped by the farmhouse to play on the haystack and see the animals. 



Although Joseph liked sitting on top of the haystack, he was very unsure about standing on it. 

Lucky for me, our little dare devil couldn't lift her leg high enough to climb up it.


Sam had the great idea of taking a picture with Joseph and the minions.  Joseph wasn't too sure about this. 

He was very uneasy about Sam also holding Sarah.

After the picture he said "Mommy, that guy hold me up." referring to the minion hay bale. 

After that, Joseph was over pictures and refused to pose with Sarah in the pumpkin, but that's ok because it allowed me to get some sweet pictures of our little miss. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment